So like I said, it’s my first cup and I decided to get an eva cup after thinking I probably have a high cervix and knowing it’s softer than some of the other high cervix cups like the diva cup. Did some digging and got in down to the diva, Eva and orgianicup (because there is a site selling them for £9.99 called StressNoMore I think but £13 with postage.)
My period is due around now and luckily feminine wear delivered in time :P
1. I didn’t know if I should try it out before I start or on the first day of my period as some reviews in YouTube said it’s easier if it’s your first time and you don’t have lube, I am a virgin if that makes a difference.
2. Just boiled he cup and realised when I looked to see if my soap was okay most people talked about liquid soap but the only non perfumed soap I have is a vegetable soap bar so idk if that’s okay or any ingredients I would check for to make sure it’s okay. Iirc it’s 100% vegetable supermarket branded.
3. Is there anything I should look out for to decide if it “works” for me, I know the Eva cup is quite a bit harder at the rim for example and it might make it hard to tell if I should change the firmness of a cup or get used to it. I’ve heard the problems most people find with an okay cup is it either doesn’t open but idk if there are any other problems I can “troubleshoot” like how to know if it’s too long, short, wide etc etc etc
4. To begin with how often would it recommend someone to begin emptying it if the have a “regular” flow. Idk what flow I have since I use pads but I wouldn’t want to empty it too regularly and cause more pain to start with but also not want to do it in public so what is a good time to leave it and see your flow.
5. Any good resources in cleaning in public? I have small bags or backpacks and really hate handbags so I’m definitely not carrying water around with me to clean it. Seems weird the eco friendly people recommend buying bottled water to clean the blood off. I was in feminine wear and got breast pads because I heard about cup spots and decided that I might as well use those especially as I’ve seen some YouTubers say they use them as wipes but didn’t realise that they were loads bigger (stupid really haha) so they don’t fit in my Eva cup pouch.
5. A little unrelated but I think i will also buy a very small set of cloth pads if it’s economical but they seem very hard to use public ally and carry around so what are the opInioins on that? I was thinking I’d get a night one because I don’t like the ide of having a very thick pad for in the day and know a night pad will be better to sleep in. What are the best materials to look for and also the cheapest way to just get one?e