Log in

No account? Create an account
02 November 2016 @ 01:24 pm
update: thanks so much for everyone's help. I now have super jeanies softer and no swelling or pain. When I use juju inside out works really well.

abbreviation of previous post:
I've been using a JuJu cup size 1 for just over a year and I love the convenience and not waking up in a sodden puddle of blood. But I have a large swelling I think the tail has been rubbing.
elisamba on November 2nd, 2016 07:18 am (UTC)
Ouch :-( Sounds like your cup is being a bit difficult these days. The rough, bumpy area you describe is the introitus, that's just its normal texture so you can put your mind at ease for that. However the swelling is not normal, it could have been irritation from your cup, or a Bartholin's cyst, or something else. Did you see another doctor for a second opinion?

With your heavy flow and low cervix, I think you definitely need a large yet short size. Look for a size two, and one with a rounder bottom (more volume). Ignore if they state size two is for women with children, it's simply not true. (Virgin here and I use almost only large cups).

Large Fleurcup comes to mind (you would have to trim the stem), FemmyCycle, the large Lunéale from France if you can get it (no stem at all). Meluna also makes stemless cups, I believe.

A last tip: trimming the stem can leave slightly rough edges that irritate the tissues. You can turn your cup inside out for a completely smooth bottom.
duckyess on November 2nd, 2016 10:50 am (UTC)
thanks elisamba! I really appreciate your response. I researched what it might be and it didn't fit the symptoms of bartholin's cyst and the feel was nothing like a cyst. I found a lady doctor who I eventually got to see and agreed with the logic of my self diagnosis although she didn't look at it.

Thanks so much for your suggestions I will look them up!
Serpent: neutralserpent_849 on November 2nd, 2016 02:46 pm (UTC)
yeah there are stemless melunas, but for max capacity i'd recommend the XL shorty. shorties don't come without a stem.

as for shipping, femininewear ships worldwide.
joyrachel89joyrachel89 on November 2nd, 2016 08:46 am (UTC)
I would also suggest you see another doctor if you can.
duckyess on November 2nd, 2016 02:29 pm (UTC)
thanks shall do. :)
Sarcasticia Nitpickersontisiphone on November 2nd, 2016 09:14 am (UTC)
You need to see a doctor about this. If you aren't confident in your regular doctor, go to planned parenthood if you've got access. For now, stop using your cup and tampons, but seriously, see your doctor. No part of your internal vaginal structure should be hanging out.
duckyess on November 2nd, 2016 02:29 pm (UTC)
Thanks Tisiphone, But we don't have planned parenthood in Australia. I'll find another doctor.
Sarcasticia Nitpickersontisiphone on November 2nd, 2016 03:32 pm (UTC)
Ah, sorry, yes, you wouldn't. Good luck finding one!
tash79 on November 17th, 2016 09:56 am (UTC)
Maybe you could see a community health nurse? I'm new at this and also in Australia. On my second cycle and having stem issues too. (...Just trimmed it right off so hopefully that solves it!)

Edited at 2016-11-17 09:56 am (UTC)