I just saw a medical article recently published in 2015 about a woman who had toxic shock syndrome while wearing a menstrual cup. Scrolling through the comments below the article, there were some people mentioning they have had TSS symptoms while wearing a menstrual cup. One user specifically mentioned it was because despite boiling the cup and cleaning it out, the little suction holes still had dried blood in them which harbored the bacteria. Now I am freaking out a little bit..does anyone know anything about this? Are big brands like DivaCup, MeLuna, and Lunette advertising that cups have no association with TSS when really they're not entirely sure or may?
Also...here is the link to the paper and article