Hey All! :D
I wanted to give an update on MC journey for all the newbies who are having difficulties to show it IS possible to find your Goldilocks! Well about 2 years ago I made this post: Click Here! In short, a high cervix & a short menstrual cups didn't mix well when it came to removal >.< It was so hard to reach, to break the seal, that I needed assists to PULL the cup out (which I NOW know is a big no-no when it comes to MCs).
Well after this incident, I sold my Lunette Size 2 Cup on MC Sales & bought one of the biggest cups on the market a Luv Ur Body Medium. BUT I was so scared of the same incident happening again, that I stayed away from the cup for about 2 years (since Feb. 2014). I FINALLY decided to try again after seeing the recent Buzzfeed YouTube video of women trying MCs.
I'm happy to report that I'm able to reach the cup (as its close to my vaginal opening) & insert/remove the cup. If anything, there's two things I wish I would have known when I started:
1) Lubrication is VERY important when it comes to getting the cup inside. Which is probably why I had a hard time inserting with my original cup. *Yay for coconut oil*
2) Being a virgin is probably another reason I had trouble getting in the cup because of my hymen that was very sensitive & sort of in the way. Not physically, but every time it came to insertion I was scared I was going to hurt myself or something or break my vaginal opening (lol idk...if I can explain it right).
I'm soooo happy I tried again...even if it was almost 2 years later! And YES, I used to be that pessimist person, since my incidence over those last two years, and was like "yeah right, MCs, can't be that amazing...there's exaggerating". But
sometimes you have to accept that you're a hater (lol) it truly is!
- With MCs, I don't even feel like I'm on my period anymore (apart from when it comes to dumping the cup lol).
- I have little to no cramps now, and feel like for just that reason alone, everyone should try MCs!
- I don't sweat around my period anymore (I used to feel really hot on my periods)
- I don't have that icky feeling anymore; even though a take showers everyday & make sure I'm clean I just felt somewhat icky from all pads & tamps
- I don't feel random spasm shocks (lol IDK if TSS) but I can only recall it happening randomly 3/4 times; but if so it was somewhat to be expected since I only wore Super Ultra Tamps
Now I'm just wishing there were more cups out there for high cervix people like myself >.< So to all the newbies, and those having issues, DON'T give up!!