So I keep running into (or Facebook keeps suggesting I check out) this kickstarter for a "smart" menstrual cup. My initial reaction was "Awesome!" but after reading up on it, it's not great. What's worse is there is only a little conversation about it (that I found), most of which is from non-cup users with typical first reactions to the idea of a cup. (i.e. "Ew.") So I figured I'd get a conversation started here. First, here's the link to the video (I hope it doesn't just show up, I'm still figuring out how LJ works): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx2r5fhdoJ8. There's a link in the description with more info.
Now for my thoughts:
1. Lol my vagaina would have bluetooth
2. My vagina doesn't need bluetooth! Is that even safe? And a battery up there? I pretty sure that's a good way to die.
3. One size does not fit all and this cups would be WAY too long for me.
4. $40 for six months of use?!?! I started using cups for cost efficiency, $80 a year is close to what I spent on disposables.
5. Everyone loves the "green factor" of cups. Doesn't this ruin that?
6. Okay, I can see how if your gyno needed more info, and very specific info this might be good for a six-month study. It would also be potentially usefull for scientific studies invovling menstruation, but not for everyday use.
What are your thoughts?