I'm 28 and sexually active. I haven't given birth before. This is my first period with menstrual cups, and it hasn't been my smoothest journey. It leaks out half of the blood, and I have no idea why. I need your help because I'm already loving the idea of switching to menstrual cups and I don't want to give up yet.
- I have both sizes of LadyCup and they both leak. I felt like the larger size leaked even more.
- When they leak, most of the menstrual blood is collected in the cup, but still a considerable amount of it leaks outside.
- I'm 90% positive that the cup pops open. I insert it a little, let it pop open, rotate it maybe 180 degrees, and then push further, then let some air in by pressing on the vaginal wall with my finger. Getting it pop open was too easy for me. Is it supposed to be more difficult?
- When I go back to washroom a while later, I always find that the cup too far inside. Even that long stem of ladycup totally disappears. But it is not me pushing it deliberately, I assume it's my muscles.
- The reason of leakage is almost certainly not the droopy cervex, as it starts leaking from the very beginning.