Joined Livejournal just so I could ask questions about using cups.
My stats: Age 30, 2 children via c-section. Cycle has gotten heavier between children. I have never filled my cup more than about 60%, even using overnight.
I have used a Ladycup for a couple of years now between pregnancies. I have a large and cut the stem all the way off. I always insert using a "U" fold.
Here are the issues I am having:
1. Day 1, insertion leaves me very crampy and full feeling. It's like it takes the cup a couple of days to "settle" or something. I find it more comfortable on day 3 and 4.
2. SUCTION! I did read the post on suction, but the cup goes where it wants. It "sucks" all the way up and then I can feel it open across my cervix. Feels about the equivalent of having a pap done. It's actually how I know the cup popped open. Not sure if this is normal? It makes a fairly prominent noise (sorry, TMI!!!) on removal, too. I am plus-sized and carry my weight around my middle (I am about a US size 14/16), and reaching "up there" is sometimes difficult, so I don't think I can actually reach up to the rim to break the seal. Because of the firmness of the rim and the softness of the body on a Ladycup, it doesn't seem like squeezing the bottom is very effective in breaking the seal.
3. I feel like the cup is too long in the beginning of my cycle. Again, towards the middle of my period it is more comfortable, but even without the stem the cup itself can feel "poky". Hope that makes sense!
4. Difficulty urinating. It's hard to pee with it in, and I pee a lot more than I need to clean out my cup, so removal to urinate is not ideal.
5. I am not having leaking, but wondering if the cup is too wide? I *think* my muscles are squishing it a bit. The rim is open, but the cup itself is always dented when I am wearing it. I am hesitant to go with a firmer cup due to my aforementioned pressure/urination issues.
BASED ON THESE 5 THINGS, would you recommend a different cup? Am I doing it wrong?
Thank you ladies, any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!