Log in

No account? Create an account
I only joined yesterday and this is my second post already, so sorry about that. I'm sure some of you may have read my last post, but basically it was about the fact that inserting a cup (I stupidly bought a MoonCup, not realising how many other options there are) seems completely impossible.

Anyway, I tried what some of you said and had a look in a mirror. I couldn't see too well, because I only have a small hand mirror, and I don't shave or anything, plus the lighting was pretty odd so I had to use a torch (I certainly won't be telling my best friend what I used the book lamp she got me for my birthday for...), and therefore I had a very sketchy view, but from what I could see, I seem to simply have a bulge where my vagina should be. It's like there's a hole, and then a sort of fleshy lump protruding from the middle of it. It would make it completely impossible to get anything in there. It hurt a little when I pressed on it. I have no idea what it is - my hymen, perhaps? I don't even know what it should look like. It seems to be just a fleshy mess down there. I can feel this bump when I wipe (I'm so sorry!) and have so for about a year, which adds to my feeling that it could be my hymen, as I've heard they can get thicker during puberty? Whatever it is, it's getting in the way, and if it's not my hymen then I don't know what it is and that scares me. If it IS my hymen, then what would I do about it? It seems pretty unmovable. I don't know how I'd get my cup in there.

Sorry this is a little off topic, but everyone on here has been so friendly and un-judgemental, unlike the rest of the internet, and I feel more comfortable addressing this to you on here. Could anyone give me some advice on anything, please?

m03m on May 13th, 2013 05:56 pm (UTC)
It's pretty common, actually, for young women to have trouble finding their actual vaginal entrance and the way inside. Don't worry about it, it happens a lot and you are most likely very very normal.
See this webpage. It has very explicit pictures, so pick a time and place with enough privacy.

I'm pretty sure the lump or bump you're feeling is a normal part of your anatomy. Most likely your pubic bone.
florrieviridis on May 13th, 2013 06:05 pm (UTC)
I kind of doubt it's my pubic bone... like I said, it's fleshy and supple. I guess it's normal, though. Thanks.
teacupcake89 on May 13th, 2013 06:19 pm (UTC)
I find there's a curved bumpy bit at the entrance to my vagina at the top that feels fleshy/rippled and curves into the vagina. If that sounds like what your can see/feel then I would say it's all normal.

I have posted this on your other post too but is this what you think the cup is bumping against when you try to insert it? if so, then you need to make sure you are angling the cup correctly: the vagina isn't straight up/vertical or even horizontal. It slopes up/down towards your tailbone/bumhole (sorry no other way to describe that!) so when you feel the cup bumping against something, pause and then continue in a more downward/diagonal etc angle to get past it.

Alternatively, insert your finger (lubed or with coconut oil will make this easier) or a clean brush handle/mascara tube/thin item and note the angle it goes in at.
faranth22faranth22 on May 13th, 2013 06:22 pm (UTC)
Vaginas come in all shapes and sizes. At first it can seem like a "fleshy mess". I am not a doctor, so I cannot say for sure whether or not everything is "normal" down there, but I would like to try to assure you that many women/girls felt exactly the way you do now the first time they had a look at their girly bits.

I would encourage you to RELAX when you're having a look. If you are tense in general, you will likely be tense at your opening and you will only make yourself more frustrated. A little lube would not be a bad idea either. Try to bear down (like you're having a BM) and see if that makes things easier. It might be helpful to take a look while sitting on the toilet. You'll be more likely to get some privacy that way too. Use your index and middle finger to separate your labia (those fleshy tabs on either side). This will allow you see a little better.

I agree with the posters in the other thread, put the cup away for now. Take it slow. Your cup will wait. Become comfortable with your own anatomy first. Relax. It will get easier.
dbmomma7 on May 13th, 2013 06:25 pm (UTC)
strange bulge where I think my vagina is
Sounds exactly like my experience almost word for word. I would say you have a bladder prolapse. In discussing with other women who have had the same problems, and doing my research bladder prolapse is very common. I discussed all my symptoms to a friend that has bladder prolapse, everything was confirmed. It is when the bladder detaches and drops into the vaginal area. It can protrude outside the vagina, as your has? Do internet research on the subject of bladder prolapse, you may find it comforting to "know" finally what is/has happened.
Sarcasticia Nitpickersontisiphone on May 13th, 2013 06:55 pm (UTC)
Re: strange bulge where I think my vagina is
I think it is very premature to be diagnosing the OP with a bladder prolapse. It's also not really our job to do so. Keep in mind the OP is only 15 and hardly has a clear description of what is going on, and we're not medical professionals here.
teacupcake89 on May 13th, 2013 06:34 pm (UTC)
just a thought: are you sure it isn't your clitoris? (again fleshy nub/bump varying in size/shape right above the vagina)

seeing as you are only 15, I really doubt it is anything like a bladder prolapse (especially if you don't have any bladder problems/difficulties)
florrieviridis on May 13th, 2013 06:54 pm (UTC)
I'm completely sure it's not my clitoris. It's higher up, right? I can see that very easily. This is like a small clitoris, but further down and protruding from where I guess to be my vagina. It's also a little less even.

Thanks, that was a good point and I should have explained it in my original post.
Sarcasticia Nitpickersontisiphone on May 13th, 2013 06:59 pm (UTC)
That sounds like it's your hymen, probably. Obviously it's tough to tell, but the hymen can often be seen as a little flap or bubble protruding from your vagina, especially if it's thicker.
Ashatenlegspider on May 13th, 2013 10:34 pm (UTC)
Could be your urethra. The first time I had a really good look down there I was surprised to see something poking out and had no idea what it actually was, since the diagrams suggest it's obviously separate from your vagina. It's very close to vagina and since it's also between the labia minora, it gives the impression of being actually in there. If that's it, you should be able to get past it by just moving your finger a little further towards your back.
Kristispringdove on May 13th, 2013 11:06 pm (UTC)
I agree with tenlegspider; it sounds like it could be your urethra. The urethra is located at the top of the vaginal entrance, and it can be a little fleshy knobby-type thing. At any rate, I wouldn't worry too much, but if you are really nervous about it, you can always talk about it with your doctor. It may be awkward, but your doctor should not make you feel bad for talking about anatomy. You have a right to understand and feel comfortable with your body.
Tasha: pink hairnamelessw0nder on May 14th, 2013 02:36 pm (UTC)
If you have an opportunity to have a doctor's appointment soon (annual check-up?), I hope you would feel comfortable bringing this up to them. They can very easily tell you what's what and show you how to insert a tampon, if you want to know.
pineapplewhippineapplewhip on April 7th, 2014 04:11 pm (UTC)
The small hole and what it is.
It's where the urine comes out. The small hole between your clitoris, and vagina is where you go number one. I had to be told this by a obgyn! I thought I had a big problem, that was funny, especially as I asked "are you sure?"