?

Log in

No account? Create an account
poisonouslady
I tend to leave my cup (small LadyCup) in for maybe 24 hrs. at a time near the tail end of my period, when my flow is very light. Since this is longer than "recommended," I've started wondering if there is any reason I shouldn't do this?
 
mood_swinger23 on February 5th, 2013 08:28 am (UTC)
In terms of health, I'm not really sure what risks there are.

The only thing I've experienced with leaving it in for so long, is smell. It reeks if left in so long!

But I've just resorted to using liners instead of my cup for those days.
juliiie87juliiie87 on February 5th, 2013 10:51 am (UTC)
Menstrual blood is organic, and just like any organic waste, when left in contact with oxygen for some time, it starts desintegrating, and with bacteries potentially multiplying, huh, it smells. Although there's still less oxygen and bacteries mutliplying than with disposables (that typically smell awful in no time), there's still the remote potential to give yourself an infection. That being said, you're not the first user reporting this, and basically if you've been fine so far, there's a great chance you'll still be fine doing this in the future.
poisonousladypoisonouslady on February 5th, 2013 08:02 pm (UTC)
Thanks! That was a helpful explanation.
Zzsomeone on February 6th, 2013 01:26 am (UTC)
I do that all the time for the last few days, not dead yet. I think a lot of people actually do.
tinkerandcrabtinkerandcrab on February 9th, 2013 12:06 am (UTC)
Yeah, I do it too. But I'm such a rebel! ;^)