Bought a Divacup 1 on friend's recommendation before knowing about this community (love it btw!). This is my 2nd cycle with it, on my 1st cycle, I didn't "get the hang of it" early on when I had a heavy flow so didn't face many of these issues.
I have a pretty short cervix, about 1.75 inches in. My opening is pretty small, but once you get inside, there is like, spaces on the left and right (nooks and crannies!) of the cervix. Because the cervix is short, I have to flip the cup inside out. I use the labia folding method, this is the smallest circumference I can get the cup to fold and the ONLY way I can get the cup in.
- When I put the cup in, it unfolds itself, but there is NO WAY to pop this sucker open to a fully circular shape. Is it supposed to? There is simply no space! I guess my pubic bone is in the way? Am I doing this wrong?
- When I put it in, the bottom is still peeking out but not sticking out. Is this correct? And I'm not sure how to "position it toward your cervix", (though I feel like it is positioned toward my cervix? so I don't really need to worry about this?) because there is like, no space and no other way I can possibly position it.. No alternate positions to explore. Any advice?
- 5 minutes after insertion, the cup travels inward.. to the right of my cervix, into a nook/cranny. It goes maybe 1 inch inward, and stays here no matter what. I can only take it out or leave it there, there is like no space for me to move it elsewhere. It still does not expand into a fully circular shape though. And because it's deeper inside, and no longer covering my cervix, I get some slobber. Most of the stuff stays in the cup though, but there is enough coming out where I need to wear a pad/pantyliner. I have no idea why the cup is traveling like this, and I didn't really see other people posting on it. What do you think?
- Important: When I'm wearing the cup, I'm always kind of aware that it's in there, and I think it's my cervix feeling it and being sensitive to the fact that the cup is resting next to it. It woke me up really early this morning and I couldn't even go back to sleep b/c I had the feeling of the cup inside me. Normally, I am a very heavy sleeper and can ALWAYS fall back asleep... Now this cup that I want to love is making me have dark circles under my eyes and tired all day at work :( Does anyone else have issues with having their cervix feel the cup all the time?
- This one's not as important, but if I'm not on a heavy flow, I literally have to put water in my vagina for lubrication. What do you gals use? Is it bad to use tap water? I've seen people post about using lube but I'm not a fan, it just feels so *unnatural*..
Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for responding. Any responses are immensely appreciated! :) By the way, if any of my questions have been answered extensively in other previous posts feel free to link them instead of re-typing stuff!