Insertion Issues
I got my first cup in the mail yesterday. I had hoped to have some dry practice with it before my period. Unfortunately, my current birth control likes to give me a mid-month period, so it's go time. But I'm having issues with the cup. I tried inserting it sitting, squatting, and standing with a leg propped up. Tried the c-fold, s-fold, double 7 fold, punch-down fold, and squiggly fold. With all of them, I get the cup in, but it pops open too early and forms an immediate suction. Then I can't get it any higher. The base of the cup is sitting right inside the entrance, and the stem protrudes out. When I take it out to try again, I have a difficult time breaking the seal and it's painful. I was able to feel it, and it was awkward, but not painful. Now that I have had it in about 10 minutes, I can't feel it. It's just awkward knowing it's too low and the stem is sticking out. Any tips??
In case any of the following information is helpful: I am using a small lunette diana. This is my first cup. I have a light flow, and my mid-month period is especially light. I'm 22. I'm used to using tampons and do fine with those. If you need any more info let me know. Thank you!!
In case any of the following information is helpful: I am using a small lunette diana. This is my first cup. I have a light flow, and my mid-month period is especially light. I'm 22. I'm used to using tampons and do fine with those. If you need any more info let me know. Thank you!!
