So I'm trying my cup for the first time and the suction is CRAZY!! I feel like I'm sucking out my uterus when I pull on it. I've got two main questions...:
1. When I grabbed the cup it kind of burst air up into me. I once heard (probably crap, but still worrisome...) that having air blown into you down there can cause major health problems. Does anyone know if this is true?
2. Is it normal to have ridiculous suction?
I'm mostly concerned about bursting air into my self because of the stories I've heard. Please humor me even if this is completely ridiculous...
1. I used my diva cup for my past cycle and it now smells like really really bad. I am not sure how to deal with it. I let it sit up in my bathroom for like a few days to see if it would air out and that's not helping. I need (or would like) a quick way to clean it. Would using vinegar and baking soda together work ok, or could that damage the cup? Even though I have been using my cup for a year, this is the first time it's happened and I think it's the result of having my cup in for almost 24 hours after my period ended thanks to having a sick baby.
2. I'm having the worse periods ever since a few months ago. Last month I had nausea and vomiting, as well as bad back pain during my period but just assumed I also had the flu. Well this month, the same thing happened again only luckily I didn't puke but I had the worse headache, back pain, nausea and was very achy. I actually just thought I was getting the flu that day, until I went into the bathroom and discovered my period had started. The blood also looks different and is more red and clotting more then when I got my periods in the past. I had really bad periods when I was younger, but between being 15 and even after my daughter was born, at 19 my periods were relatively mild. I missed a couple of periods, which I assumed was because I started nursing my daughter more often and stopped supplementing with formula and since my periods returned 3 months ago they have just been really really bad. Is it normal to have back pain and feel sick during that time of the month? Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like I am experiencing labor pains and morning sickness all in one.
3. Lastly, I think I am having mild yeast infections all the time. I rarely have any kind of fluid issue, but just...discomfort. I've heard of taking probiotics or eating probiotic foods to help, I kind of hate yogurt though. Would raw milk/cheese help? What about garlic supplements? I've also heard of people putting yogurt in their diva cups to cure yeast infections. Does that actually work?