? ?
23 December 2008 @ 06:14 pm
It had never occurred to me that there could be another option aside from pads and tampons but after a moment of being taken aback the idea began to grow on me. I did some research and decided that since I have an average flow, am a virgin, tend to have a sensitibe bladder when I'm having my period and am pretty tight (as in its very hard to get two fingers inside) that a small Ladycup or one of the coloured versions thereof would be the best option. So less than a week after I found out about Mestrual cups I bought a Greencup off ebay.

I was excited and actually looking forward the monthly curse for once, but the first time I tried to use it (in the seven fold) it split open down the side from one of the holes. I don't know if it's something I did or if there was a fault with the cup itself but the thing's now completely unusable.

So the thing I want advice over is whether or not I should assume that it was a freak occurance and get another coloured ladycup, hoping things will go better next time, or whether I should try another brand, and if I should try another brand what brand; bearing in mind the considerations above.

Naoko Kensakumistressnaoko on December 23rd, 2008 07:41 am (UTC)
Sounds like a cup defect. Try to ask them for an exchange rather than buying a new cup? I think that would be a better bet.
conditionalself on December 29th, 2008 01:04 am (UTC)
I've emailed them and gotten a response, so I'll be getting a replacement.
Naoko Kensakumistressnaoko on December 29th, 2008 01:54 am (UTC)
fireaphidfireaphid on December 23rd, 2008 07:46 am (UTC)
It's definitely not your fault and you should contact the eBay seller (it's actually the manufacturer) and let them know. They will likely send you a new one for free, though they may want you to send back the defective one.
buzzboomsplatbuzzboomsplat on December 23rd, 2008 07:57 am (UTC)
Contact the seller/manufacturer and send them a description of what happened, along with a photo of it. They should replace it and hopefully with a photo included they won't even think of asking you to pay money to ship the defective cup back to them.

I hope you get that sorted out soon and that the ladycup works for you. :)
Chibitsukichibi on December 23rd, 2008 08:02 am (UTC)
o.O That's the first time I've ever heard of that happening. I agree, it's definitely a freak accident caused by cup defect, and you should contact seller/manufacturer about it.
Dina Clare: murphylintilla on December 23rd, 2008 11:18 am (UTC)
Dude, that's such a bummer! :( I hope you have better luck in the future!
Robinhwin on December 23rd, 2008 03:30 pm (UTC)
That's crazy. They ebay people are pretty nice... Just describe what happened and hopefully they'll replace it.

If not let us know! :)
Amazing Little Ecosystemwinterthunder on December 23rd, 2008 07:31 pm (UTC)
I'll second the opinion that it sounds defective and you should be able to get a replacement with no charge. However, I was in a similar situation to you when I got my cup and the Ladycup wasn't around back then, so I ended up with a Diva. It took a few cycles to get it down and I had to take a few minutes in the shower each morning to stretch myself out, but it is possible to use a larger cup as a pretty tight virgin. :)
Abbyceilingtile on December 25th, 2008 12:14 am (UTC)
I'm a virgin too and what worked for me was the smaller version of the Lunette, the one aimed at girls 20 & younger (even though I'm 21). I tried the Keeper first and I found it too painful to insert, but the Lunette is my new favorite thing -- very easy to use, and I'm so happy not to have any period-related garbage to throw away.
aprshep on December 28th, 2008 04:20 pm (UTC)
I sent the ebay seller an email asking for a replacement. Hopefully they will accept a photo and save me the shipping cost. I'm sure I will hear something back from them soon.